Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Prodigal Returns

Three tired souls and a few hours of frantic sorting and trash-bagging later I moved and then survived one tiny computer crash before I started writing this post like a wannabe-responsible blogger. Like everything else, I didn't entirely plan for it to happen today but at least I have made my first move and finally has turned back into a resident at my surrogate parents' house which proves extraordinary forbearance on their part I am sure. The last thing I did today was to sort through twelve courses worth of material and decide what I absolutely need. Couple that with sardonic chuckles and throwing off of seminal papers onto the rubbish pile and the resulting threesome is what you can call the irony of grad school.

In other news, it was fucking mind-blowing to notice how many Indian and especially Bengali nicknames are loaded with sexual connotations and are often just variations of the words for boobs, dicks and balls. That's RIGHT! When grad students that are fuckillion years old get together, they talk apples and nuts

Finally, I did something all the while feeling it was gonna be an uber calamity: I (happened to) urban-dick Manicorn. There are five definitions in case you wanna check but for this one time I am too mortified to share beyond the most upvoted one.

Manicorn : a mythical male creature who is successful (read: pursuing his passion and can pay his electric bills/rent), funny, chivalrous, masculine (read: not chauvinistic), adventurous, artistic (read: not suicidal).

Game,  Set and Match - Dudette!.

3 comments:

  1. bong nicks are as scary as their 'bhalo naams'. but i wanna hear a list from you...i cant think of even 1 that has a sexual connotation.

    ReplyDelete