Friday, June 25, 2010

Let her ride!!!

I went dragon-boating last evening and came back with a sore back, a black and blue thumb and soaring spirits. So the next time you see someone walking stiff as a log, holding her multi-colored hand at an awkward angle and with flamboyantly dissimilar whiskers, that would be this bird. Anyway, the river valley is surprisingly near where I live and I have practically just found it out and needless to say, would  be going back with my camera soon. It was interesting to push myself do something I have never done and had  never even heard about before I came here. Just hoping that I learn enough and fast to keep up with the rest of the team and not ruin their chances of winning the trophy again this year. While I splashed half of the river onto the exceedingly polite paddler behind me, it was fun to learn the boating lingo. For those of you who expected something X-rated from the title, "let her ride" means "stop paddling" or in other words "you may breathe now". Not so exciting read but puts a life back into you.

Bottom line: "Dragon-Boating aka Furious Paddling and Splashing Self and Fellows - Curing Broken Hearts with Sore Backs circa 2010" coming at your nearest theater... SOON, SOON, SOON!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment